Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why are weekends so short?

After a short prompt, (thanks, MJ) I'm back to the blog. After one day of not writing, it seems almost impossible to come up with something worth writing about. After several days, I have to convince myself that it's still the thing to do. But I do love the act of putting sentences together, and some small percentage of the time I even have something to say.

This has been another lovely quiet weekend. I didn't see my kids as they had a date with the circus. I was invited to go along, but the last time we went I was so distressed over what looked like animal abuse that I decided not to go back.  I'll be interested to see what they thought. Sharp sticks to keep the elephants in line, lots of provocation to keep the big cats looking ferocious, etc. Plus, you can't see any of it as well as you'd like to. I think my next circus-like event will be the Cirque du Soleil.  When is anyone's guess.

I lived through my formal observation last week with only a friendly warning that I really should be writing out my lesson plans more completely and noting precisely which standards I'm working on each day, how I am differentiating for weaker students, etc. Yeah, that's going to happen, as soon as I locate another two hours in every day. No really, I know documentation is my weakness and I'm working on it---intermittently.

Like nearly every Sunday night I am eager for a new week and sorry the weekend flew by so quickly. I think four day weeks should be considered more carefully.

Here's a sweet video I found this weekend on Vimeo. I especially love the girl's bluesy sound.


Jam Session 2.0 from Cain Mosni on Vimeo.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Ooh, I struggle with documentation as well. Who is it really for? Not the kids. That's my logic.