Monday, January 4, 2010

I think I can, I think I can...

I've had a good day gearing up for the storm of activity that is to come. When I think about all that must happen between now and Friday, it scares me. I didn't make my goal for grading, but I came darn close. I believe I can finish it tomorrow, and if one assignment has to slip to next term, life will go on. I am determined this term to not get bogged down, to turn every assignment around more quickly, to learn to love grading. (Can that even happen?) I'll stop there because I'll be setting myself up for failure if I go much farther than that.

D and I are enjoying the winter, mostly hibernating in the bedroom during home time and staying warm. We have a pretty good plan to stay warm without spending much money. I'm finally on board with his economic goal. It's basically to live as cheaply as we can--within reason--for a few months and see how much we can come out ahead now that we no longer have kids around regularly with their hands out for twenties.

Bedtime! Last night I stayed up half the night due to dread/excitement. Turns out I had nothing to get excited about. Tonight I am more sensible.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Ooh. I envied you that you got to return with no students but forgot it meant you had end of quarter insanity. You'll make it!