Sunday, January 10, 2010

Now the new year can begin

Today my daughters, two friends, and my son-in-law came over and we packed up the Christmas decorations and tree. It's late to take them down, but we didn't get them up until the 21st, so I guess that's not too bad. We made short work of it, and I even managed to give them a few ornaments to take home. D. tried to get them to take their stockings, but that was not going to happen. They know that when those stockings leave this house, this Santa will never fill them again. They're so funny about being grown-up. I would think they would be ready to move away from childhood traditions; I pretty much ran from my childhood, even though it was a good one, I had no need to prolong it. My girls think I should buy them new pajamas for Christmas every year for the rest of their lives, even though we only began the tradition of new night clothes on Christmas Eve in consideration of Christmas morning pictures. Now that they're old enough to dress before they show up at the tree, I think they can manage their clothing on their own. Not to hear them tell it. Seems they were planning on coming in their pajamas every year. Oh well, plans can change.

I love the cleaned out feeling my house has when decorations are first put away. Clear the decks, let's begin again.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I agree wih your kids. Santa only really stops coming when you admit you don't believe. Who doesn't want new jammies once a year anyway? Congrats on a clean space for a new year.