Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This is the part I hate

I'm drowning in grading again. Tomorrow is my formal observation and I'm not as ready as I should be. I'm sure it will go fine, but having the paperwork in order that she'll want to see is iffy at best. Ah, well, as much as I should be nervous, I am apathetic. Today we read a fun story--Fitzgerald's "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" and tomorrow the students will discuss it in Socratic Seminar. How hard can that be for me? I have the materials set up and we've done it before. I can count on my brilliant students to carry the day.

Yes, there are about a thousand things I need to do to get caught up at school. But I have to have a little bit of a life outside that place. Pacing, pacing, that's the trick. Along with a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I'm drowning as well. But you're right, the lesson will be nothing. The teaching itself is usually the easy (fun) part. It's all the extra stuff that drags us down.

MJ said...

The grading must be bad. Where are you?