Monday, January 11, 2010

Dropped out

I took the day off after spending the night up several times with incredible sinus pain and a low grade fever. The doctor saw me early and I dosed up with antibiotics in time to feel better for much of the day.  Tomorrow will have to be soon enough to talk about "Young Good man Brown" with my students. I hate that tight feverish "getting sick" feeling and was happy to sleep it off today and wake up feeling better.

Tonight is one of the first night I've dreaded posting, not because I don't have much to say, but because my hands hurt so badly. Ironic that the writing career that has yet to take off --hey, Grandma Moses started late, too--must be challenged by arthritis in the hands.  I keep thinking of my grandmother's gnarled hands and how she doggedly continued her work, crocheting, tatting, basketry, whatever. She wanted something to show for each and every day. She loved to garden and cook.  I miss her. She was one of my first friends, one of my only for a while when we moved out of Miami.

I really must get a bit more orderly about posting. I need a series of some sort. My brainstormed list starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Someone should publish a list of prompts to go through in a year. As to the hands, I suffer this as well, although not as bad as you. But I know the feeling of not wanting to write physically. I hope you feel better soon.