Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008 will be...

So there's talk of resolutions in the air. This annual chatter I sometimes ignore and sometimes engage in. I agree with Cora that it is endearing and refuse to be a total cynic. This year I've been silent if others advertise their resolutions, but this looks like a safe place to low-ball mine, so here goes--I plan to read and write more for my own growth and pleasure. That's it, no numbers, goals, pages--no quantifiable data by which I can be sure I've failed, just a general push in the right direction. I plan to exercise more-this will be easy since I've basically been a potato lately, a sweet potato, but a potato nonetheless. I plan to eat less sweets, another easy one as I've been on a sugar buzz or displaying sugar-seeking behaviors since around Thanksgiving.

I've been on an organizing and cleaning binge here at home and that feels like a good way to begin 2008 to me.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

JSG said...

Setting the bar low is a good goal, but your list looked a little daunting to me. Exercise, diet, discipline...

MJ said...

But none of it is quantifiable and I always find that's a safe route to go as well. Notice there no resolutions on my blog.

BellsOn said...

I think if I can't count it, I can't fail. Even some change is success, right?

Cora Spondence said...

I like that it's just a push, a gradual direction with no set speed or distance to travel, just forward motion. It's a good start and will prove to be successful.