Friday, February 8, 2008

Another Friday

It's happened again! We check another week off the list and move into the weekend. Never mind that I'll be burning up my whole Saturday with hurry-up-and-wait at a debate tournament--sounds like fun, but the reality bites. Never mind that I must make family visits on Sunday. Never mind that the stack of grading I'm accumulating is several inches high now. Never mind that grades must be up-to-date on Monday afternoon for interims. I've got my "Be Here Now" attitude on and contentment prevails. If James Taylor is right and the secret of life is enjoying the passing of time, then today it feels like I've mastered the secret. Tomorrow? Who knows?

1 comment:

MJ said...

I know how that feels. My teaching partner never lets her grading pile up but I've been guilty of that many times.